Thursday, February 18, 2010

School System

Today I tried something new for school. What I mean is a new system of learning that Dad came up with. Every morning before school, I think of a project. It has to be something fun that will excite me. That way I won't get bored during the day. I'll spend the day doing that project, as well as other everyday things like math, reading, or writing. Then at the end of the day, I'll blog about my school day. Okay, here goes nothing.

Today, I learned how to use Microsoft Powerpoint. I'm doing a da Vinci presentation. I can do the basics, but there are still a lot of buttons and functions I haven't even touched yet. I'll get it finished by tomorrow (hopefully) and then I'll start trying to put it up here on the site. I also continued programming work with Dad. We're using the Dive Into Python tutorial now. We tried some stuff on it on Dad's Mac using TextMate, an awesome text editor that edit's and highlights text depending on the programming language you use. It also has a bunch of great shortcuts, and a lot of programming languages including Perl, Python, C, C++, HTML, and many many more. Take a look at it here.

And so concludes day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog