Wednesday, September 30, 2009

October

October is here! This is my favorite month of the year. I can't wait for Halloween and my birthday. This year I'm gonna be Barney Stintson. I love Halloween. Candy! So here's some facts about my favorite month:

-Did you know that October was named October because "Octo" translates to eight in Latin. October was the eighth month in the old roman calendar.

-The Anglo-Saxons called this month Winterfylleth (fylleth translates to moon) because the full moon of October marked the beginning of Winter.

-The Opal is October's birth stone. It is supposedly able to predict illness, losing it's shine if your temperature rises and becoming less colorful. The Opal is said to crack if worn by anyone not born in October.

-October is Eat Better, Eat Together Month.

-October is Filipino American History Month.

-The PSP Go was released on October 1st!!!!!!

-The Saxons called October Wyn Monath (translates to Wine Month) because it is the season of wine making.

-The 18th is Dog Whipping day, when all stray dogs have to be whipped out of town.

So there's the facts. I hope you enjoy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog